Awesome running motivational quotes or any inspirational quite is important. Quotes inspire us to do our best when we think we can’t. Fitness quotes are not just phrases and sayings.
All quotes speak to a particular thing in someone’s health, life, finances, fitness journey or whatever may be going on in your life. There is a quote that resonates with someone somewhere.
And for runners, there are short running quotes, marathon running quotes, quotes about running and life and funny running quotes and running motivational quotes to motivate you for your next run.
It’s not always that you will bring your ‘A’ game to a workout or a run. On those days, a bit of motivation to push you closer to your fitness goals.
There is power in running motivational quotes or general life quotes. If you don’t believe this, just take a look at half of the speech by a motivational speaker or life coach.
Their words will inspire or compel you to push further, to do more or to believe in yourself. And when you break down their speech, you will notice a lot of it is just motivational quotes bundled up together.
To back this up Ward Farnsworth, dean of the University of Texas School of Law and author of Farnsworth’s Classical English Rhetoric said in an interview with FastCompany that people have an “appetite for well-expressed wisdom, motivational or otherwise.”
Short Running Motivational Quotes To Push To The Finish Line
2. “The race always hurts. Expect it to hurt. You don’t train so it doesn’t hurt. You train so you can tolerate it.”-Mark Rowland
3. “Sometimes the best runs come on days you don’t feel like running.”-Unknown
4. “Physical strength will get you to the start line. But mental strength will get you to the finish line.’’ -@NYCRunningMama.
5. “A run begins the moment you forget you are running.”- Unknown
6. “One run can change your day, many runs can change your life.”
7. “I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can’t run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me.” — Unknown
8. “The sweat. The time. The devotion. It pays off.”
9. “Don’t be afraid of being a beginner.”
10. “A runner must run with dreams in his heart.” – Emil Zatopek
11. “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to GO!”
Marathon Running Quotes
If you are a marathon runner or about to run your first marathon and need some encouragement, check out these amazing and uplifting marathon running quotes.
12. “When your legs can’t run anymore, run with your heart.”
13. “The moment when you want to quit is the moment when you need to keep pushing.”