Awesome running motivational quotes or any inspirational quite is important. Quotes inspire us to do our best when we think we can’t. Fitness quotes are not just phrases and sayings.
All quotes speak to a particular thing in someone’s health, life, finances, fitness journey or whatever may be going on in your life. There is a quote that resonates with someone somewhere.
READ: 20 Fitness Motivational Quotes With Images
And for runners, there are short running quotes, marathon running quotes, quotes about running and life and funny running quotes and running motivational quotes to motivate you for your next run.
It’s not always that you will bring your ‘A’ game to a workout or a run. On those days, a bit of motivation to push you closer to your fitness goals.
7 Amazing Benefits Of Running In The Morning
8 Tips for Running Safely Alone or at Night
*This post may include affiliate and sponsored links. You can read my full disclosure here.
There is power in running motivational quotes or general life quotes. If you don’t believe this, just take a look at half of the speech by a motivational speaker or life coach.
Their words will inspire or compel you to push further, do more, or believe in yourself. And when you break down their speech, you will notice that it is just motivational quotes bundled up together.
To back this up Ward Farnsworth, dean of the University of Texas School of Law and author of Farnsworth’s Classical English Rhetoric said in an interview with FastCompany that people have an “appetite for well-expressed wisdom, motivational or otherwise.”
READ: Workout Motivation Tips- How to Motivate Yourself to Workout
Short Running Motivational Quotes To Push To The Finish Line
You can have the running motivational quotes printed on custom die-cut stickers as a way to motivate yourself or your running pals. Another way to motivate yourself is to set a goal and award yourself for achieving it. Whether completing a training phase, reaching a certain running distance, or hitting a weight goal, you can make custom medals to celebrate the success. Or as a fitness event organizer, custom race medals makes a great gym promotion, a fundraising prize, or a reward at a corporate event! Visit GS-JJ for easily customized medals for any occasion!
2. “The race always hurts. Expect it to hurt. You don’t train so it doesn’t hurt. You train so you can tolerate it.”-Mark Rowland
3. “Sometimes the best runs come on days you don’t feel like running.”-Unknown
4. “Physical strength will get you to the start line. But mental strength will get you to the finish line.’’ -@NYCRunningMama.
5. “A run begins the moment you forget you are running.”- Unknown
6. “One run can change your day, many runs can change your life.”
7. “I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can’t run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me.” — Unknown
8. “The sweat. The time. The devotion. It pays off.”
9. “Don’t be afraid of being a beginner.”
10. A runner must run with dreams in his heart. – Emil Zatopek
11. “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to GO!”
Marathon Running Quotes
If you are a marathon runner or about to run your first marathon and need some encouragement, check out these amazing and uplifting marathon running quotes.
12. “When your legs can’t run anymore, run with your heart.”
13. “The moment when you want to quit is the moment when you need to keep pushing.”
14. “The race always hurts. Expect it to hurt. You don’t train so it doesn’t hurt. You train so you can tolerate it.”
15. “Tough runs don’t last, tough runners do.”
16. “If it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you.”
17. “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
18. “Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.”
19. “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.’’
20. “There are two ways you can go with pain. You can let it destroy you, or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, work harder.” – Taylor Swift
21. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
18 thoughts on “21 Awesome Running Motivational Quotes For Your Next Run”
I will be sure to share these with all my friends who love to run. You have some great ones in here.
I have to share these quotes with my sister who loves to run. These quotes are so inspiring.
I walk every single day for 3-5 miles. At some point during the walk, I’ll run a bit. I love every one of these quotes.
I should think of these instead of curse words when I run. I hate to do it, but I know I need to in order to fit into my pants. But it’s not my favorite thing to do.
No more running for me the specialists tell me. These are wonderful quotes to get one up and running. I can still walk several miles a day.
I love these! I really don’t like to run, so I need all the motivation I can get!
I exercise at least three days a week and sometimes I don’t want to do it. This is definitely helpful with motivation to get myself out there exercising.
The only running BB does is after The Grands and the ice cream truck, however, using run as a metaphor, will definitely be using some of these. Gracias.
I love all of these running quotes. My good friend and Dad are both runners so I am going to share with them! Mine is – if you see me running you better hurry because a bear is chasing me. LOL
I need a little inspiration to go with my workouts during the winter. Oh, the cold weather drains me of motivation
I’m not a runner, but I’m going to apply this to my walking efforts. Thanks for all the positives vibes.
These are surely some motivational quotes for someone to go running. I bet anyone who enjoys a good run will feel more motivated reading these.
I have some friends who love running and do races often. They would love these inspirational running quotes.
I have a friend who runs marathons and I think I will use these for each meet she goes to. First she accomplished running in every state, now she is running for major children’s hospitals.
These are great quotes to motivate us to run. This will be very helpful to share with runners.
Oh gosh I absolutely hate to run! HA! I recently started and quit the C25K program again. Ugh, I wish I liked to run!!
OMG! I love them all. They are all awesome! Not only for running, but some of them are perfect for every day life. Like: Sometimes the best runs come on days you don’t feel like running!
I love all of these quotes. They’re some really great ones here. I think these are very inspirational. I love quotes like these that can really get you motivated.