Bat wings. Flabby arms. Nobody likes that. Super toned sexy arms? Everybody loves that! That’s why we are here right now, checking out how to tone flabby arms and the best arm toning exercises for females. Arm jiggle is just as dreadful as a saggy belly, but fortunately, with the right combination of nutrition and exercise, you can wave goodbye to flabby arms and belly fat in as little as 6 weeks.
What Causes Flabby Arms?
Before we wage war on bat wings, we need to have a brief chat on why some people’s arms get particularly flabby. This will help us know where we are coming from, and properly plot our way to getting sexy toned arms.
As you may be aware, when you reach the big 3-0, things start to go south pretty fast.
Flabby arms can be caused by hormonal changes as we grow older.
Metabolism starts slowing down considerably as you grow older, and after the age of 30, you will start losing muscle as your body hangs on to fat, resulting in weight gain.
You will love: How to lose belly fat (best ab workouts for beginners)
If strength training or weight lifting isn’t part of your workout routine that may also be the reason you may have arm jiggle.
If you are a cardio bunny who thinks lifting weights will make you bulky, you will wish you had earlier educated yourself a little better on the subject of the benefits of lifting weights for women. One of the ways to tone flabby arms is to incorporate weight lifting workouts which have for ages have proven to be the best arm toning exercises for females.
Anyway, that is spilt milk sisters, if your arms are already flabby. We aren’t here to feel sorry for ourselves but to find the best way to fix our saggy bits and tone flabby arms. Let’s check out the best arm toning exercises for females!
The Ultimate Workouts to Tone Flabby Arms Fast
Push-ups are the best arm toning exercises for females
A push up is a compound exercise. This means that you have to engage several muscle groups/joints in order to do the movement.
Push-ups are dreaded by most, especially females because of the intensity involved, but they are solid gold when it comes to the best and fastest way to tone flabby arms and the upper body.
However, if you are a beginner, your upper body strength isn’t that great yet.
I wouldn’t advise a beginner to jump straight into doing Spiderman push-ups. Ease into it.
Yes, in fitness it’s always advisable to push past your limits to see results, but, that may come with injury.
You should and MUST give it all you got during a workout as long as you have proper form, and know exactly what you’re doing.
Even if you are in a hurry to tone flabby arms, you should instead perform beginner push-ups as you start out, and work your way up to the advanced level.
There are variations of this exercise that you can do and still get results.
Modified Push-Up for Beginners
- Traditional push-up
- Knee Push-ups
- Wall push-ups
- Wide grip push-ups
- Incline push-ups
Advanced Level Push-Ups to Tone Flabby Arms
- Military push-ups
- Close grip push-ups
- Decline push-ups
- Plyometric push-ups
- Spiderman Push-ups
- Single leg/arm push up
How to Do Push Ups For Female Beginners
- Get on your hands and knees on the floor.
- Keep your back straight –the line from your neck down to your lower back should be neutral. (Don’t look up or down).
- Keep your abs and butt tight, your shoulder back and arms, shoulder-width apart.
- Steadily lower yourself down until your chest is about an inch away from the floor.
- Push yourself up to the starting position and repeat.
- Do 10 repetitions (reps) in sets of 3.
10 reps x 3 sets
Tip: Once you are able to perform the modified push-ups with ease, then you can move to the standard push-ups.
Best Triceps Workout to Tone Flabby Arms
2. How to Get Rid of Arm Jiggle with Overhead Tricep Extension
- Stand up straight and wrap your hands around the dumbbell.
- Tighten your abs and pull back your shoulders.
- Raise the dumbbell over your head until both arms are fully extended. Your palms should be facing up.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head until your elbows are at a 90 degrees angle. Keep your biceps close to your head and your body still, during the movement.
- In a controlled motion, use your triceps to go back to the starting position.
3. Triceps Dips to Sculpt Your Arms
These are the second best arm toning exercises for females right after push-ups.
- Sit on the edge of a bench or chair, and place your hands on the bench and extend your legs out.
- Bend at the elbows and slowly lower your body until your elbows are at a 90 degrees angle. Do not lock your elbows.
- Push yourself up to the starting position using your triceps.
Repeat 12 x3
4. Bicep Curls To Banish Arm Fat Fast
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Your palms should be facing forward while keeping your elbows close to your body.
- With a slow and controlled momentum, curl the weights up to shoulder level while keeping your body still.
- Pause at the top for a few seconds then slowly lower the dumbbells.
- Do not swing your arms during the movement like most people do when the weight is more than they can handle.
Repeat 12 x3 twice a week and in no time your flabby arms will be tone super fast!
5. Bonus Exercise to Tone Flabby Arms- Shoulder Press
- Sit on a bench or stand up straight while holding the dumbbells in your hands with palms facing forward.
- Contract your abs and bring the dumbbells up to your shoulders, while maintaining a neutral spine.
- In a controlled movement, push the dumbbells up over your head and with the same pace, bring the dumbbells down until your elbows form a 90-degree angle.